Tanique was founded in October 2014. We are Cheltenham’s newest unique bespoke Tanning salon located 29 winchcombe street, just off Cheltenham main High street. We pride ourselves on Controlled safe responsible tanning.
Our staff have many years experience working in the Tanning industry and there isn’t anything we don’t know about indoor tanning.
We offer our customers a wide range of choices from Stand up tanning, vibro tanning to lay down tanning.
Our philosophy from the beginning was to provide a safe clean sterile environment for indoor tanning and to embrace exceptional customer service and professionalism.
- • We hold a responsibility to customers access the individual skin types.
- • Very Sensitive Skin Normally red/blonde hair, blue/green eyes, very pale skin or would not normally tan in outdoor sun.
- • A biometric finger print system to protect your minutes and also to ensure only 1 tanning session within the recommended 24 hour period.
- • Fully trained staff to advise you and ensure your safety. More importantly, to provide you with a safe pleasant tanning experience.
- • A personal consultation and registration form proior to tanning is to help understand your skin type and determined whether you are on any medication that may affect your tanning process.
- • Lamps are renewed abiding by health and safety regulations.
- • A commitment to introduce tanning units which are 0.3 euro norm compliant, providing UV output considered safe and equal to the midday Mediterranean sun by the European Union.
- • No under 18’s are permitted to use our UV services.
Gemma Miles – Salon Manager
Hi I’m Gemma, I’m the salon manager at Tanique, I have 8 years experience working in the Tanning Hair and beauty industry and 15 years experience in customer service.
I have NVQ Levels 1 and 2 in retail and customer service and also in hairdressing. I’ve had certified training to the highest standards to choose the correct tanning and skin care products for you, including matching exposure times to suit your individual skin type.
I’m a bubbly confident individual with exceptional people skills have a tiny obsession with sauvignon blanc and a huge phobia of cats. The thing I enjoy most about my job is the satisfaction i get when a client has had a enjoyable pleasant experience with us.
When my clients come in as a client I will always do my best that they leave a friend.
Katherine Hall (Tanning Consultant)
Hello I’m Katherine, I have worked in the Tanning industry for 3 years. Previous to this I attended college and gained NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing.
I’m confident approachable and I love meeting new people. My favourite product is Go to black this is an Aloe Vera based tan accelerator it has skin nourishing argon oil leaves my skin feeling extra silky. I love spending time with my daughter and drinking plenty white zinfandel.
We are member of the The Sunbed Association (TSA) is the Voice of the Industry for tanning salon operators, manufacturers, and distributors of indoor tanning equipment.
Sunbed users seek out members of TSA where they can tan responsibly and with confidence.
Being a member of the TSA means you have to comply with the government guidance regarding sunbeds and all beds have to be 0.3 Compliant.